This is one of my favorite recipes, and finally, I think one of the best I have posted here at Theketoer.com. This homemade pecan turtle candy is sugar-free and low carb, and they are genuinely delicious. Keto caramel pecan clusters are an extraordinary treat, and if you never tried them, you should prepare them now!
When I was a kid, Pecan Turtles were my dream dessert, and I was dreaming about them every day, but they were special treats, usually reserved for the holidays.
That combination of chewy caramel, toasted pecans, and rich chocolate make those treats magical stuff, and I always considered Turtles to be something to aspire to.
Here is a fantastic recipe you can use to make them Keto-friendly, and you are going to love how tasty and easy to prepare they are:
Pecan Keto Turtle Candy
- 6 tbsp Swerve Brown
- 3 tbsp Bocha Sweet or allulose or xylitol
- 5 tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 4 ounces sugar free dark chocolate chopped
- More sea salt for sprinkling if desired
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweeteners and 4 tablespoons of the butter. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and add the cream. The mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Return the mixture to heat and bring back to a boil. Boil 3 minutes, watching carefully. Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk to combine. Whisk in the salt. Let the caramel cool until thickened but still pourable, about 1 hour
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Spread the pecans out on the mat in a single later and bake 7 to 10 minutes, until toasted. Arrange the pecans in clusters of 3 or 4, making about 20 to 24 clusters.
- Drizzle a few teaspoons of caramel over each pecan cluster, making sure some caramel is touching each of the pecans. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer to set the caramel.
- In a small bowl set over a bowl of barely simmering water, combine the chocolate and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted and smooth, then drizzle over the chilled clusters.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired, and let set.