The Perfected Keto Burrito
- 8 large uncooked deveined and skinned shrimp
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers reserving 1 tablespoon of the liquid
- 1 large New York cut steak or any boneless steak
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 strips bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
For the bacon:
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the bacon on the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the bacon and extract the grease. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Place the bacon on a place with paper towel and set aside.
For the steak:
- Season a steak with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron pan (or non stick if you have one) to high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the steak.
- Cook steak for 6 minutes each side. Set steak aside to cool. After 5 minutes, slice the steak into 1 inch strips.
For the shrimp
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towel. Combine shrimp in bowl with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and half the garlic powder.
- Heat a medium high pan and add shrimp. Cook for 3-4 minutes (or until shrimps are pink on both sides and tails are curled in), stir occasionally. Remove from pan and set aside.
For the guacamole
- Add the avocado, garlic, and roasted red peppers with liquid into a bowl. Using a fork, mash everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
For the cheese blanket (tortilla)
- Heat a large non stick frying pan to medium heat. Add half the shredded mozzarella and spread evenly so the cheese is covering the entire surface.
- Continue to fry until the edges of the cheese start to crips and the cheese is easily removable from the pan. Place on a piece of parchment and set aside.
Building the burrito
- Place half the guacamole in the center of the cheese tortilla. Add half the sliced steak.
- Cut the bacon in half. Place half the strips on top of the steak followed by half the shrimp.
- Fold each side of the cheese inward. Roll the burrito with the opposite side creating a pocket. Enjoy!