Hello Ketoers! While the world is going through a tough period these days, I would like to offer you one of my best and favorite recipes. So far, I think you understand I love the chicken, and my Keto Butter Chicken is one of the tastiest keto chicken recipes you can try at home these days!
I hope you will have access to all the ingredients you need, but I think it won’t be a problem now or simply order everything you need online. Butter chicken, for me, has those essential flavors. I think more than the butter; it’s these ingredients that are the hallmark flavors of butter chicken. Based on this, I was able to consolidate this recipe to 5 ingredients.
I love Kasoori methi is sun-dried fenugreek leaves Trigonella Foenum Graecum. They are used in Indian cooking, but if you do not have it, you can substitute it with one tablespoon fresh, chopped fresh celery leaves per teaspoon dried methi needed.
5 Ingredients Butter Chicken
- 450 grams Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 15 grams Butter
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Meth/Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 150 ml Tomato Puree
- 100 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 50 ml Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Then heat the avocado oil in a pan and once it’s nice and hot, pan fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side till fully cooked. You want the heat up a bit so you can get a nice colour on the chicken. Once cooked set it aside.
- In the same pan heat the butter and once it’s melted add in the tomato puree and mix well till it emulsifies. Then add in the kasuri methi and water and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking the oil should have split from the tomato puree and then you want to give everything a good mix and turn down the heat to low before adding in the heavy cream. Once again give it all a good mix till everything has emulsified.
- Then add in the chicken. I have added it whole in the video but I would recommend chopping it up and then adding it to the sauce. Let it just heat through with the sauce for about a minute on a low heat and then take it off the stove.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or Keto naan.